To ensure qualified professionals–allied health and non-medical personnel to serve the health care industries, at state and national levels.
To empower the medically inclined members of society with allied health education for employability and professionalism with patient care –centered culture.
It is a segment of the health care field “that delivers services involving the identification, evaluation and prevention of diseases and disorders; dietary and nutrition services; and rehabilitation and health systems management”.
ALLIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS
work collaboratively with other health care providers, including physicians, nurses, dentists and pharmacists. They may play roles in evaluating and assessing a patient’s needs, keeping the physician and others informed of the patient’s progress and caring for the patient. Some work independently as specialists in exercise, nutrition, health education, speech and daily function, in “Patient Care.”
ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONS fall into two broad categories:technicians (assistants) and therapists/technologists.
- Technicians are trained to perform procedures, and their education lasts less than two years. They are required to work under the supervision of technologists or therapists. Cardiovascular technicians, ECG technicians and Emergency Care Technicians are examples of careers in this category.
- The educational process for therapists or technologists is more intensive and includes acquiring procedural skills. In addition, students learn to evaluate patients, diagnose conditions, develop treatment plans and understand the rationale behind various treatments in order to judge their appropriateness and potential side effects. eg: Physician Assistant, Physiotherapist etc.
- There is a huge requirement for Allied Health professionals nationally and internationally to provide quality health care delivery.
Billroth College of Allied Health Sciences (BCAHS)
(Approved by Bharath Sevak Samaj)
- BCAHS is a community based institution of Higher Education.
- The courses and curriculum are designed at the national level and is imparted through this college.
- The central examination board conducts the national level examination and is the in-charge of Certification.
- Courses conducted by BCAHS are approved by Bharat Sevak Samaj.
- Certification is in the name of Bharat Sevak Samaj.
- BSS Community College Certificates can be registered at the Employment Office.
What is Bharat Sevak Samaj (BSS)??
- BSS is a National Development Agency established in 1952 by Planning Commission, Government of India.
- BSS is a non-official and non-political, national platform for any type of constructive work.
- The constitution and functioning of BSS is approved unanimously by the Indian Parliament.
- The BSS Certificate is attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
BSS Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
An operation theatre technician is an allied healthcare professional.They are trained to assist doctors or surgeons during surgery.During an operation, various equipment’s, anesthesia and instruments are involved. An operation theatre technician is trained to handle these equipment’s, arrange surgical instruments, provide adequate dose of anesthesia and assist the Doctor or Surgeon in performing the surgery.
BSS Diploma in Echocardiography and Cardiac Technology
This course trains students in Cardiac Thoracic operating theatre and cathlab to assist Cardio thoracic surgeons, Cardiac Aneasthesiologists and Cardiologists in various procedures. Students also learn to do ECG, Echocardiogram & TMT.
BSS Diploma in Physician Assistant
This course formally trains students to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive care. The students will be trained in various specialties under the guidance of senior physicians. Physician Assistants can find placement in any specialty and have a wide scope, in Job placement.
BSS Diploma in Critical Care Management
This course trains a student in various Critical Care Units to provide intensive care and life saving procedures under the guidance of Critical Care Specialists.
BSS Diploma in Emergency Medical Services
This course formally trains students in Emergency Department, to provide Emergency Care to the patients, under the guidance of Emergency Physicians. They will be trained to provide first aid, Ambulance care, Pre -Hospital care and various Lifesaving procedures.
- 12th Std Pass
- (Vocational studies/ Commerce and Arts groups are not eligible).
- Age …………………………17 to 25 years (as on 31 May 2017). Entrance Examination (question paper based on 12th std syllabus in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English and General Knowledge) will be conducted.
Application can be obtained in person for Rs.200/- Cash or Demand Draft in the name of Billroth Hospitals payable at Chennai and submit to:
Download Application form from website. Send the duly completed Application form with Demand Draft in the name of Billroth Hospitals payable at Chennai and send by courier/speed post to:
Billroth College of Allied Health Sciences
43, Lakshmi Talkies Road, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai-30
Mobile No: 9710895966
- Students will be facilitated with campus selection.
- Students can register with Employment Exchange.
- Every year JOB DAY will be conducted by Indian Association of Community Colleges, Chennai, in which all BSS Colleges Students will get employment opportunities
Why Study Diploma at BCAHS?
- Well qualified Allied Health Care professionals are in acute shortage in our country and BCAHS develops such professionals.
- Diploma courses are only two years and hence enables early earning potential.
- Diploma courses help in gaining on- the- job Experience and Registration in Employment Exchange well in advance of graduate students.
- BSS Diploma Certificate is attested by Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- Since BSS Community College Certificates can be registered at the Employment Office –government jobs are a possibility.
- Service learning: – work skills are taught in actual work situations- in the hospitals / health care set ups. More than 60% of teaching hours is practical training and on-the-job experience and 40 % will be theory teaching.
- Teaching faculty are highly qualified senior doctors and allied health professionals.
- Pedagogy includes group discussions ,service learning, volunteer hours with community, inter hospital service learning experience and visits to other hospitals.
- The cost of Education at BCAHS, is relatively at the lowest in Chennai.