The renowned Radiation Department boasts of a variety of cutting edge technology and equipment. Some of them are:
- Rapid Arc Facility
Onboard Imager (kV Imager)
2. Cone Beam CT
- First time in India – ARIA 10 (Eclipse 10) – Patient Planning &Verification software
- Portal dosimetry&EpiQA – Quality Assurance tools
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- SRS (Stereotactic Radio Surgery) & SRT (Stereotactic Radio Therapy)
- SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy)
- This is a versatile machine which combines performances of cyber knife &Tomotherapy
The above cutting technology enables the Hospital to:
- Reduce treatment times: 2to 3 minutes only it is 8 times faster than the conventional IMRT
- Patient movements are controlled, which is very critical in treating a patient
- Online monitoring of patient movements helps accurate therapy
- Remote patient re-positioning saves time and money
The surgical oncology team of the Hospital has to its credit, a wide range of surgeries like:
- Breast conservation surgery and mastectomies - Breast Cancer
- Gynaecologic and Urologic Surgeries - Uterus and Ovary tumours.
- Gastric & Colorectal Cancers including Sphincter sparing surgery using staplers.
- Head and Neck Surgery with facilities for Plastic and Microvascular Reconstruction.
- Limb Sparing Surgery (LSS) - Bone and Soft Tissue Tumours.<
- Thoracic Surgery - Oesophageal Cancer.
- Chemotherapy involves use of drugs orally or intravenously in combating the cancer along with other modalities.
The centre has a team of qualified and experienced medical oncologists who prescribe standard protocols and regimens that offer the greatest chance of cure with cost effectiveness.